Tried to install new apps. Problems!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by RobbLeon, Oct 3, 2008.

1. RobbLeon

RobbLeon

Hey everyone, looking for a little help, ive just bought an acer aspire one, the smaller version with less ram and SSD. Anyways, ive got it home this afternoon, tried to insall some apps via the advanced menu - add programs. I added some that were allready ticked in the list, just the ones in the music section. and i also added to that list azureus and audacity. they insalled and then the system went funny. Ive now got no menu's on the main page, and cant get into any others from the desktop. When i right click i dont get anything either.

When i press the little home button down in the bottom left corner, it comes up with a message:

could not command: XFdesktop --gohome: failed to execute child process "xfdesktop2" (no such file or directory.)

Other than adding the apps, ive updated it via the live update section (before i added apps).

Any help? ive had a look around the site, but cant find anything to do with my problem.

Thanks. Rob :)

RobbLeon, Oct 3, 2008
  2. RobbLeon

RobbLeon

Never mind folks. Just re-stored it by making a bootable usb on another machine with one HDD lol. Acer have been sent an email.

RobbLeon, Oct 3, 2008
Ask a Question