trouble hooking up to external monitor/tv

Discussion in 'Linux' started by afjeep, Dec 1, 2008.

1. afjeep

afjeep

ok so i'm trying to hook my acer up to a tv via the serial monitor port on the side. dont have a problem with my xp machine doing it. i hook it up, hit alt-f4 and the screen on my acer goes blank like its going to transfer but it never shows up on the tv. the cable and connection on the tv end are good. i cant be sure about the one on the side b/c i only have one AA1 right now so i cant test another one. has anyone run into this problem before?

afjeep, Dec 1, 2008
  2. afjeep

steven.chien

really, have you try to just connect it to the normal LCD first? I am using Linpus, when i connect it to the LCD, i can have three option, first display on both screen, second, display only on the big LCD, third, display only in the local mon. AA1's display chip only supports 1024*600, I think this will course a problem connecting to the TV.

steven.chien, Dec 1, 2008
  3. afjeep

afjeep

unfortunately i am in an environment where all we have for work computers is laptops. no lcd monitors. i did find another AA1 to test it with and it was a no go too. maybe it is the resolution. can anyone confirm this? i'm kinda hoping there is a driver out there somewhere.

afjeep, Dec 1, 2008
Ask a Question