trouble running AERO on AO751H

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by grunkdengale, Nov 20, 2010.

1. grunkdengale

grunkdengale

hi there

can anyone tell me how to fix this problem ?
    for some time now win 7 has warned me, that i don't have enough memory to run AERO proberly, and asking me if i want to switch to windows basic 7. too begin with i thought it was my "lack" of memory that was the problem, so i've installed 2GB ram (kingston KAC-MEMF/2G)
    But sadly to say this have not helped me what so ever. I can see that after a while it starts to take memory and cache it, and within half an hour, i only have about 200 MB ram free but there is more than 1 GB ram reserved in standby mode. that is without running anything but the system files and task manager. if i open up a couple of websites and my dokument folder, the rest of my free memory is used up and "pop goes the weasel" the warning comes again.
    Is there a solution to this and how do i go about fixing it ?

please help me before my loving machine becomes a flying soucer...... :cry:

ps. see the picture, regarding the warning and the current RAM use. I know it's in danish but you should get the idea.

[​IMG]

UPDATE !

I think I may have found a solution to my problem. Instead of using the GMA500 driver on acer.com i've installed the standard win 7 GMA500 driver from intel. and increased the virtual diskspace for my memory (don't realy know if that has anything to do with it) but never the less, it seems to have solved the issue, as i've been running for 4 days now with full AERO and without the error message :D

grunkdengale, Nov 20, 2010
  2. grunkdengale

jdixon

Yes, precisely the solution I was about to offer. I could run aero without error, but it was choppy. The latest intel GMA 500 drivers use more of the chipset's acceleration capabilities and things look much better. Wish I had checked the Windows Experience numbers before I did the upgrade, but didn't. Glad you're happy.

jdixon, Nov 27, 2010
Ask a Question