Troubleshooting Webcam failure on A110 Linux

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Guest, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Forum,
    Have had my A110 Aspire one for a while now and love it, wouldnt even swap for an iPad.

However, i've had a problem with the webcam for some time now. I ditched the linpus lite and have run both Linux4one light and various flavours of Ubuntu Netbook Remix. The webcam stopped working when I installed Linux4one so I just assumed it was a limitation of the OS. Never really used it so just left as is.

Now I have a need to use the webcam but cannot get it working. I did a fress install of UNR, currently have reverted to a fresh install of Linpus and neither has worked so I had ruled out the OS as the issue.
    Next I purchased a replacement webcam as I've heard they can frequently fail on the hardware side. Still nothing.

Where would I go from here ? Is it worth re-flashing the BIOS ? Is there anyway of testing if the Onboard USB controller is recognised in Linux ?

If anyone from the AAO community could offer any advice on what my next step should be I would be very grateful.

Cheers
    Lee

Guest, Oct 27, 2010
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

bump :)

Guest, Oct 29, 2010
Ask a Question