Truecrypt not demounting

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Queseuq, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Queseuq

Queseuq

Hi all. I've compiled Truecrypt using the guide on Macles blog and it's working fine...mostly. The problem is that Truecrypt is not demounting my encrypted volume at shutdown or sleep and this causes my AAO to hang with a blank screen and the power light still on. It's also preventing it from hibernating properly. I've tried adding the demount command to scripts that should be run on shutdown but none of them seem to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Queseuq, Feb 4, 2009
  2. Queseuq

mattytee

OK, doesn't truecrypt normally run as root? Maybe that's why it won't dismount when you're doing it as user.

Code:
    chmod u+s /usr/bin/truecrypt
    should solve the permissions issue, although it may open other holes.

You might instead add "sudo" to the beginnings of the lines you added to the scripts.

Final option (kludgy way): make a sleep script and shutdown script yourself, that first call the dismount command and then run shutdown -h or echo "3" /sys/power/state

Hopefully something will work for you. I'm not familiar with macles instructions and haven't run it on the AAO, but I am familiar with truecrypt.

mattytee, Feb 5, 2009
Ask a Question