trying to install linpus on my XP AOA

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Dove, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Dove

Dove

Hi all,
    I used the usb recovery functionality from an acer linpus recovery cd to create a bootable restore installation to a usb stick. I boot up my acer using the stick, the recovery program starts up, but when I press the "arrow button" to move to the second step ("detect partition"), the application hangs. :x
    Does anyone know if there are different recovery cds for acer with hard drives as opposed to ssd acers? If so, could this be the problem? Or is the problem that my machine has XP installed on a FAT32 partition on the SSD, and the recovery program is expecting a linux partition?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Dove, Mar 19, 2009
  2. Dove

steven.chien

is your machine AA1 comes with XP and HDD? or you are using the 8G ssd one?

If you are the one with XP, why you want to isntall Linpus, why not Mandriva 2009, they claim that they fully support AA1 150, and I am sure Mandiva is the best on supporting hardware

steven.chien, Mar 22, 2009
  3. Dove

Dove

i was trying to install linpus for no other reason then i happen to have an acer recovery disk, but i'm taking your advice and installing Mandriva. the installation is proceeding without any problems.

Dove, Mar 22, 2009
  4. Dove

steven.chien

How is the performance as well as driver supports?

steven.chien, Mar 23, 2009
  5. Dove

Dove

no multimedia codecs, and it's more sluggish than tiny xp when the kde is installed.
    currently using crunchbang, which is working wonderfully.

Dove, Mar 29, 2009
  6. Dove

Aspiration

There are no linpus lite recovery cds. Don't you mean dvd? Mine came with a DVD and as far as I've been able to determine there are no installation cds.

Aspiration, Apr 13, 2009
Ask a Question