Turn your laptop into a Wifi access point

Discussion in 'Networking' started by remnant, Oct 6, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant

MyPublicWifi is an application that allows one to turn his or her laptop into a Wifi access point. Its freelance to download and one only requires to set up a name and password which should be more than 8 characters. It allows one to make wireless access for others in hotels, restaurants and such other places. You can also restrict some servers from accessing it as well as some programs like file sharing. You can also track the urls that are connected to it and their activity.

remnant, Oct 6, 2016
  2. remnant

Corzhens

That laptop with access point would surely be a hit with your friends especially if their phones have no internet access. We had been offered by a vendor to have our laptops installed with a wifi access that can be shared as an access point but the fee is quite expensive so we in the office declined. But for me, I am not much with the internet so I don't really need it. Besides, my smart phone has an internet access already so that's what I use instead of the laptop.

Corzhens, Oct 9, 2016
  3. remnant

djtech

You can also buy a cheap android phone and use it as a hotspot. Or use your existing phone to do the same thing as well. However, I didn't know about MyPublicWifi and will try it out since I am always testing new things.

djtech, Oct 9, 2016
Ask a Question