Turning my blue AA1 into a 2008 MacBook

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by se23, Nov 30, 2008.

1. se23

se23

Hi
    Im modding my one to look like a 2008 aluminium macbook. dont think im cheap as I have a macbook and 2 pc's, its just a project. I should have taken pics from the start but I wasnt thinking. So ill start today. Ill post when im finished.

Ps any idea how to get rid of the acer writing on the screen??? Thanks

[​IMG]

I messed up apple logo cos i put one on that i already used and it didnt stick properly. I took it off and im building up the the layers now to smooth it out and have got a fresh apple logo.

se23, Nov 30, 2008
  2. se23

rory

that is so legend, I might do it. are you spraying the whole thing, including the bottom silver, and then obviously leaving the bezel black?
    and what kind of apple logo are you using?

rory, Dec 1, 2008
  3. se23

se23

Hi, no not the bottom as id have 2 strip the whole thing. Im just using the apple stickers you get when u buy apple products. I had to start again tho as i was to eager to finish and messed up when I put the logo on too early. ill try finish and post soon. Ps I sprayed the bezel too, but on the the little chrome circle there is a clear sticker, so when I peel it off should look good.

se23, Dec 1, 2008
  4. se23

se23

lol i messed up! i had to strip it off and start again, after it dried the paint wasnt bonding well, ive heard of krylon paint which bonds well so im gonna start again. sorry 4 delay guys.

se23, Dec 5, 2008
  5. se23

lohtse

nice idea acer macbook.lol

as to the krylon paint you may find it hard to get hold of... We use it in airsofting for paint jobs on guns and have a hard job getting it now as it is nolonger being manufactured do to the lead content being to High for the EU... Good look tho. And if you need a few links for the paint let me know... Also try halfords own branded pastic undercoat.. may solve your problem with bonding..

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 5, 2008
  6. se23

ronime

Yup, you really need to use an adhesion promoter if you are painting ABS plastic and you should be able to use most acrylic spray paints over the top of this. U-Pol have an adhesion promoter aerosol and their products are available throughout Europe and North America. It's a fairly common product in the automotive refinishing trade though so you should have no trouble getting hold of it.

ronime, Dec 5, 2008
  7. se23

teh_qube

so how did it go?? ;)

teh_qube, Dec 18, 2008
  8. se23

jbhtex

The last post was almost a month ago and am extremely curious of the final product. Did you finish?

jbhtex, Jan 15, 2009
  9. se23

roberto

there is a reason he hasn't posted since... hes messed up his aspire

roberto, Jan 21, 2009
  10. se23

teh_qube

lol seriously? you actually know this or ur assuming?

teh_qube, Jan 21, 2009
  11. se23

apatterson

Surely spraying the mouse pad will prevent it from working, especially with a metallic paint.

Nice thought, bad idea :)

apatterson, Jan 22, 2009
  12. se23

PGH_One_User

Try these guys if you want your one painted. They are the only ones I'd trust with the job. I understand that all paint jobs should be baked.

http://www.colorwarepc.com/

RE touch pad- I put two pieces of packing tape over the top of mine and it worked fine. How would paint of the same thickness damage the pad. Isn't it already painted?

PGH_One_User, Jan 22, 2009
  13. se23

SlCKB0Y

Bwahahahahah

I'm sorry - I sholdnt laugh at other peoples misfortune, but this is the funniest thing ive seen for a while.

I think its obvious wh we havent heard back from him.

SlCKB0Y, Jan 23, 2009
  14. se23

se23

Hi Guys sorry it been long, yeas as previous poster said, I messed it up looooooooooool and to make it worse the misses thought she would try get paint of and used a rough cleaning pad. Now she has done this I mite aswell try again with sugesstions made here. But since Ive been made a manager at work and new product launch coming up, I just havent had the time. Ill start end of feb tho. sorry again for keeping you hanging.

se23, Feb 7, 2009
  15. se23

trendmonster

Epic win.

Just leave it alone.

trendmonster, May 31, 2009
  16. se23

PlaNxA

well, being semi-on topic, how would one go about getting the housing for the AAO? I have a blue one, and I'd like to get the red housing (I'd rather not paint it, like the way the red one looks but no one had it in stock). I haven't seen the other models, i have a AO D250 and that is what i'm looking to find out (ebay didn't show anything promising). Thanks!

PlaNxA, Jul 19, 2009
  17. se23

garrovick

Most likely the painting bricked it. You know if one is to spray paint a case, it's got to be a naked empty case.....

garrovick, Jul 20, 2009
  18. se23

Dalton63841

I suppose this is something like what he was going for: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dalton63841, Feb 5, 2010
Ask a Question