[tutorial] USB install using iDeneb 1.6 lite and iAtkos v7

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by flat_marty, Dec 21, 2009.

1. flat_marty

flat_marty

Hi everybody,

Last week i've bought a Aspire One D250-HDTw. I've got EVERYTHING WORKING exept hibernate :( on this type of AAO (MIC not tested, but don't care).
    This laptop is working on a 1280x720 resolution and that's very nice for HD movies. Other nice things about this type is that it has Bluetooth too :)

You must wonder why use both DVD's. Well, with iDeneb i had less problems installing OSX. With iAtkos is had multiple.

Why ideneb v1.6?

- No "welcome loop" This matter can be avoided by using the "touch AppleSetupDone" way.
    - More stable (at least i think)
    - Didn't had to use the iso for 10000 times (allot of fails) for my type of AAO D250.

Some things i copied from bigplrbear, so thank him too ofcourse :)

I am a experienced user, because this is not my first hackintosh, but my twelfth (if i count right). I used the Ideneb v1.6 lite edition. I discovered then that i don't have the problem that it hangs during install in the "welcome loop" no longer exists. I've installed everything from a USB drive with two iso's. I've used the Iatkos v7 iso to copy the DSMOS kext and the GMA950 (laptop, desktop and rare) to the laptop. Making a bootable usb drive was easy:

Ideneb v1.6 lite editon ISO
    Iatkos v7 ISO (for DSMOS and GMA 950)
    Chameleon 2.0-RC2-r640 package http://chameleon.osx86.hu/file_download ... 40.pkg.zip

Step 1
    I used an MAC OS X computer to fix this.
    - download both Ideneb v1.6 lite edition and Iatkos v7 ISO images
    - Use an usb drive with at least 16 gigabytes of space
    - At first i had a problem with mounting the image (i don't know for sure if it was the problem of the Images or because i installed Toast 9 titanium. Toast 9 adds some extra support for certain images.
    - I've mounted the images by double clicking on them. After that i started applications>utilities>diskutility
    - select the harddisk on the left and then select partiton. Click then on main partition and select 2 partitons. make every partiton atleast 8 gigabytes.
    - Then click restore and drag as source the opened ISO of Iatkos v7 and as goal parition 1. After setting it back (7 minutes) the whole image is going to be on the partiton
    - repeat this process for the second partiton and with the Ideneb iso.
    - Now start up the Chameleon package and change the install drive. DON'T FORGET THIS, OR ELSE YOU WILL **** UP YOUR HARDDRIVE. Select the Ideneb v1.6 parition of the drive you restored the iso to.

Step 2

Restart your laptop and plug in the USB drive. press F2, when asked and then go to the BOOT tab. Change the priority of the USB HDD with the F5 and F6 keys to number 1. Goto the exit tab and save the changes. Now it will boot from the USB drive.

It takes 20 seconds to boot from the USB drive and then the language selection appears. Select your language and then click next. Then you will see utilities above in the screen. Select it and click diskutility. Select the harddrive of the laptop (Hitatchi) and change partition to 1 parition and make MBR of it (can be find in the advanced options).

Than click diskutility away and click further. Than you can customize your install. Deselect everything and then select only:

X Ideneb Main system
    Bootloader
    X Chameleon v2
    Kernel
    X Vodoo 9.5.0
    iDeneb x86 Essential Patches
    X ACPI Fix
    X Apple PS/2 Old
    iDeneb x86 Additional Patches ( 10.5.8 )
    Fix
    X seatbelt Fix
    Drivers
    Audio
    X VoodooHDA
    Chipset
    X AHCI Fix
    System Management
    X VoodooBattery Manager
    Video
    Intel
    X GMA950

Select the Hitachi harddrive and install. After waiting 20 minutes it restarts.

Step 3
    then select the Iatkos V7 drive and customize your install again. Deselect everything and select only DSMOS, GMA 950. go further and install. This will take about 30 seconds. Reboot again and unplug the USB drive.

Step 4
    Startup with flag -f cpus=1

After clicking away i saw directly that my webcam was working :)

use the package of Bigprlbear (copied it directly from him):
    http://bigplrbear.com/files/D250-rev3.zip

Unzip the D250-rev2.zip on to your desktop. A folder called 'D250' will be created. Open it.

Go to the Apps folder and copy all of the apps to /Applications

Open Kextloader B7 and drag&drop D250/kexts/Seatbelt.kext and System.kext in to it. Type in your password. Install. DO NOT REBOOT.

Go to D250/kernel, open the .dmg and install the Voodoo Kernel. NOW reboot.

Step 5
    Installing the WIFI card
    Now check the PCI device by using OSX86 tools.
    If you have this in one of the lines: According to OSX86tools i've got a "Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11 B/g [14e4:4315] rev0 card" you could could try my package:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5mm1tz2iyw2

Run the PKG and install the kext with kexthelper.

Now your wifi card is detected as an Airport :)

I don't think i forgot anything. So this is my tutorial to making 10.5.8 on a D250 laptop. Have fun with it

flat_marty, Dec 21, 2009
  2. flat_marty

flat_marty

UPDATE:
    Had some problems with Leopard hanging, because of the Wifi hack. With the new package i had no hanging system anymore.

flat_marty, Dec 24, 2009
  3. flat_marty

flat_marty

flat_marty, Feb 24, 2010
Ask a Question