Two Finger Scrolling working on XP!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by 4saken, Oct 30, 2008.

1. 4saken

spider

am i missing something here? the scrolling are ppl having trouble with this feature?

spider...........and along came i

spider, Nov 6, 2008
  2. 4saken

4saken

do you know what two finger scrolling means? that's what this thread is about. most people seem to have problems with vista. but i guess we solved that one as well.

so what exactly is your question?

4saken, Nov 6, 2008
  3. 4saken

winter_war

Thanks for that!

I've been trying to figure out how to get those 11.1.4 drivers working with Vista for a couple of days, now they're installed and working with two finger scrolling. The standard v-scrolling was driving me crazy, being misplaced like it was.

winter_war, Nov 12, 2008
  4. 4saken

Guest Guest

Problems... The app works fine when I launch it normally, but If i set it to startup automatically on boot, it starts, then says it cant find any synaptic device installed, then quits. But If I go and try to manually open right after that, it opens perfectly fine. I think it has something to do with the synaptic device not being initialized yet when the 2fingerscroll app trys to start.

I may just have to put a shortcut in my start menu and launch it manually after every reboot.

If I think about it though, I hardly ever shut the machine down, it usually just goes to sleep so its not that big of a hassle.

Guest, Nov 12, 2008
  5. 4saken

winter_war

I've restarted a few times so far and haven't had that happen yet... :?

winter_war, Nov 12, 2008
  6. 4saken

4saken

same here, never had that problem before. what version of windows and what driver are you using? did you try the hacked one?

4saken, Nov 14, 2008
  7. 4saken

starbright

I am feeling somewhat stupid. Someone can explain, what does this two finger scrolling is?
    What is the advantage? What is it good for? Thanks

starbright, Nov 14, 2008
  8. 4saken

4saken

4saken, Nov 16, 2008
  9. 4saken

Guest Guest

Vista Ultimate x86, and the 11.1.4 driver. Works fine, but I have to manually run the executable each time I boot up. I think Windows is trying to load it, before it detects the Synaptic Pointing Device, which is completely understandable. Its just an unfortunate coincidence. I wish you could set a delay on startup item like you can on Services.

Guest, Nov 17, 2008
  10. 4saken

HP Sauce

Should this be working with just one finger? I installed the software y/day and I'm just getting used to it, but now that I've expanded the scrolling region via Synaptic Settings I can scroll with just one finger, which is great :)

HP Sauce, Nov 19, 2008
  11. 4saken

Foxtropics

Just a guess, but maybe you are able to scroll with 1 finger because you are pressing a bit more firm on the pad? It might be detecting it as multiple fingers because of a harder pressure on the pad? Does it still let you scroll if you press really lightly on the pad, or only if you press down a bit harder than normal? Which could be handy if thats the case, press light to move the mouse pointer and press firm to scroll, that could be useful if thats the case.

Foxtropics, Nov 19, 2008
  12. 4saken

HP Sauce

Hi there,

No, I'm pressing very lightly on the pad, so I don't think it's a pressure issue.

HP Sauce, Nov 20, 2008
Ask a Question