Ubunto remix 9.04 general problems,pls help

Discussion in 'Linux' started by drfhm, May 15, 2009.

1. drfhm

drfhm

At last I got something to work .I went to http://www.pendrivelinux.com/usb-ubuntu ... x-install/ and installed Ubuntu Remix 9.04 on a 1gb flash drive . IT WORKED and I now have an Operating system again but of course I lost all my Photos , Music , Files and Settings . I’m hoping someone here can just help me with a few minor problems that ive came across .

2 . The wireless light no longer lights up to show that its finding a wireless network .

3 . Limpus Lite that came pre installed would automatically connect to my Net gear Wireless router without me doing anything , now I have to left click on the top and select it manually although it’s the only one listed and shows its already been recognised .

5 . CAN Freecall or any other VOIP telephone system be installed on the system .

6 . The recorder dosent work either via the built in mic or a plugged in mic , just gives a clicking sound when I playback .There has to be a way to fix that or they wouldn’t have included it as standard pre installed .

drfhm, May 15, 2009
  2. drfhm

itres

itres, May 15, 2009
  3. drfhm

gheek

gheek, May 15, 2009
  4. drfhm

drfhm

Geting there slowly

Again my thanks to those that have helped me so far with valued advice , 2 things sorted now , the back up and the voice recorder . A few anomalies I noticed after spending some time fiddling about that may be unique to me or general problems so I will list them incase anyone else has noticed them also and are worried .
    1. Both the card slots only work if you install them before you boot up , once u boot up you can remove them , change them , whatever you do the system will recognise them , if you haven’t booted up with them in the slots they cant b found on the system .
    2. When your in the terminal and type a command and are asked for the password , it appears your keyboard isn’t responding as nothing shows , the curser dosent even move , if u do as I did , just tapped and pressed return it will say , incorrect password , if you then type the correct password it will take it to be a bad command , you have to type in the password and press enter even though there is no asterisks or anything happening.
    3. The voice recorder dosent work the first time you open the application , the 1st time you use it after opening it , you just get a clicking sound , you have to just do a dummy recording of a few seconds then make your recording the second time for it to work .This is for each ocasion you use it .
    4. If you record webcam and voice on Cheese you wont have video , just voice
    5. The recorded video in Cheese is very choppy and freezes every few seconds .
    6. Some of the icons are a bit fuzzy as if out of focus .
    7. When you try to remove some of the un needed Icons they remain in place .
    8. If you select Accessibility and look at the options your stuck with the icon top right of the screen next to wireless netwoork bars , you cant get rid of it .

drfhm, May 16, 2009
  5. drfhm

A_I

Re: Geting there slowly

This is not a problem/bug, this is how it is suppose to be in any linux :mrgreen:

A_I, May 16, 2009
  6. drfhm

drfhm

O well now that told me haha , 1 down 7 still to go . Whats the betting everything i listed is normal . :roll:

drfhm, May 16, 2009
Ask a Question