ubuntu 8.10

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Singo, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Singo

Singo

I'm not sure if I'm really patient enough to start compiling and tweaking to get a good running linux - which linpus is not imo - on my machine, but a few month ago, even before 8.04 came out I read that the next big aim for the guys at canonical is making ubuntu run on netbooks.

I used Google but couldn't find any informations. Is the next version of ubuntu supposed to work oob on the AAO??

Singo, Aug 18, 2008
  2. Singo

glibdud

You might be talking about Ubuntu Netbook Remix. It's not really the next "version" of Ubuntu... currently it exists only as a customized UI for smaller screens (and especially touchscreens). Do some searching here and you'll find some discussion about it.

glibdud, Aug 18, 2008
  3. Singo

Singo

No, I'm not talking about Netbook Remix and since Ubuntu 8.04.1 + Netbook Remix still need a lot of tweaking and the kernel needs to be recompiled I guess more will happen at Canonical. The question for me is whether it's making sense to wait for 8.1 or could it take till 9.04... (Then I would make sense for me to have a closer look at the threads you mentioned)

Singo, Aug 18, 2008
Ask a Question