Ubuntu 9.10/UNetbootin problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ScottZ, Mar 15, 2010.

1. ScottZ

ScottZ

I've tried 3 times today downloading 9.10 and creating a boot USB. Each time when it boot up, the only thing listed was OEM installation, when I would select it, it would never load the installation GUI. Any ideas?

ScottZ, Mar 15, 2010
  2. ScottZ

Darryl

Some usb's just wont have it. It depends on whether theres other software on there like readyboost etc try another stick. Unetbootin doesnt work in ubuntu either not without tweaks so use another o.s to write the image..

Darryl, Mar 15, 2010
  3. ScottZ

ScottZ

I've been trying with a Cruzer which has worked for this in the past. Each time I've used a freshly formatted USB and I've been trying to load it while in XP, not Ubuntu.

ScottZ, Mar 17, 2010
  4. ScottZ

Darryl

Did you try to boot from the usb on the computer that you made it with? presuming that it is a different one to your acer. If not try it on another computer and see if it works..

Darryl, Mar 19, 2010
  5. ScottZ

Nudnik_de

Is it possible that you downloaded the alternate version? This has no live CD mode and no graphical installer. You should have downloaded the Desktop version. This should give you several boot options including graphical installation and also live cd mode.

Nudnik_de, Mar 19, 2010
  6. ScottZ

ScottZ

I used ubuntu-9.10-desktop-i386.iso
    I created the USB on my AO150, the same one I was trying to install to.

ScottZ, Mar 22, 2010
  7. ScottZ

ScottZ

Never mind...I'm an idiot...it's installed now.

ScottZ, Mar 23, 2010
  8. ScottZ

kekinash

By the way I just tested the latest Ubuntu version 10.1 beta on the 532h and every thing works great. WiFi, Webcam, sleep, volume keys (the equivalent for windows dritek driver) even a broadcom internal Bluetooth module that I put in my 532h. I stay with windows 7 ultimate, but it is nice to see that Ubuntu works out of the box so nicely..

kekinash, Mar 23, 2010
Ask a Question