Ubuntu 9.10 > Windows Xp (Using Linux)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ParkerJ, Dec 31, 2009.

1. ParkerJ

ParkerJ

I have a Acer Aspire ZG5 and the programs I get on this compared to my old netbook(now broke) isnt what Im looking for so for the last 2 days ive been looking for way to install WIndows XP on it.

I managed to get from linpus to ubuntu.

But I have the .iso for the windows XP disk. And now i need to write the iso to the usb and make it bootable. I have searched and searched but all the tuts i found you need a windows computer to use the software.

Unfortinatly my old comp with windows on broke and my desktop is running Linux Mint. So I have now way around it.

I tryed UNetBootin but it dosent make the usb bootable....

So I would appreciate any sorta help...

~Thanks

ParkerJ, Dec 31, 2009
  2. ParkerJ

melhiore

Easiest option with out ANY problems is borrowing external DVD player and install Windows from CD. That's fastest way TBH. All magic tricks with bootable USB always gave me some problems... But that's me...

melhiore, Dec 31, 2009
  3. ParkerJ

ParkerJ

I dont have a disk I got the ISO off online as I have a licence from my old computer.

Edit: Also the laptops a netbook (as you guessed) and doesnt have a CD/Drive thats why I need the usb method. And im not looking to pay any sorta money.
    ~

ParkerJ, Dec 31, 2009
Ask a Question