Ubuntu custom kernel

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jango, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jango

jango

Hi

Unfortunately, now that SICKBOY abandoned the development of a customized kernel to AAO is that nobody wants to proceed with the project? unfortunately I have no knowledge for that but I hope that someone has the willing to take the project and possibly improve it...

Thanks SICKBOY and hopefully good luck with the Kuki project!

Thanks

jango, Feb 1, 2009
  2. jango

Joeb

You cans still download Sickboy's kernel from http://www.kuki.me, however their site has been experiencing problems so it isn't always available. There are also the kernels from eebuntu and from easy-peasy, although not specific for the aa1.

Sickboy did a great service for aa1 users, on his own spare time, Thanks.

Joeb, Feb 1, 2009
  3. jango

Mister-Magoo

I've compiled my own kernel from sickboy config file and i've added drivers that i need.
    It's not difficult to compile a kernel himself. the procedure is explained in the first Sickboy kernel thread.
    So, good luck :cool:

Mister-Magoo, Feb 1, 2009
  4. jango

spinnekopje

That's also what I did. It isn't that difficult and it's nice to see your own name when doing `uname -r` :D
    Certainly customizing for what you need yourself is pretty useful. I've added support for my garmin gps for example. I also use the madwifi driver (for the moment compiled afterwards) because that one works better for me.

spinnekopje, Feb 1, 2009
Ask a Question