ubuntu dual install on netbook

Discussion in 'Linux' started by indebtedtomsu, Oct 15, 2009.

1. indebtedtomsu

indebtedtomsu

I've been able to view and use ubuntu from a usb device with no problem on my Aspire One.

I have also loaded it permanently to my desktop as a dual boot choice with Windows XP.

What I haven't found any information on is how to make ubuntu and xp dual boot choices for my Aspire One.

Can someone direct me to the proper user guide?

indebtedtomsu, Oct 15, 2009
  2. indebtedtomsu

cbr1100xx

Not sure if this will work and since I am thinking of doing it myself some one else chiming in would be great.

On my 2 Ubuntu boxes installing the OS gave me the partition set up guide as well and afterward a dual boot menu at start up without any options.

cbr1100xx, Nov 29, 2009
  3. indebtedtomsu

hartleyshc

just use either wubi, which is exactly the same as a native install, except slightly slower disk access because it has to go through ntfs.

or just install ubuntu from the live cd, it will allow you to repartition the existing drive into two partitions and then install in the new empty partition, ubuntu will then install grub over the windows boot menu to allow you to pick between them.

hartleyshc, Dec 19, 2009
Ask a Question