ubuntu netbook edition 10.04 - no duplex audio

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jhs59, May 7, 2010.

1. jhs59

jhs59

I'm new to Linux but I wanted something that would outperform Windows on my netbook. I've got an Acer Aspire One AOA-150. I installed Ubuntu Netbook Edition 10.04 and it's great! The only problem I have is that I use Skype quite often and Ubuntu is not allowing duplex audio. Meaning I can't play sound and input sound at the same time which makes Skype useless.

Does anyone know how to enable duplex audio? I tried installing the Realtek HD Audio Codecs per Realtek's instructions for ubuntu but that didn't work. I ended up using the Alsa upgrade script from the ubuntu forums to get audio working again but with no duplexing. Please heeeelllp :p

Now, you don't have to be too gentle with me, I'm a computer guy and I learn fast, but go easy :D

Thanks!

jhs59, May 7, 2010
  2. jhs59

irishhhhh

irishhhhh, May 7, 2010
  3. jhs59

hasfrochbuster

I followed the same instructions that are providing Irishhhhh (foundend in some other ubuntu forum) but the fact is that it worked perfect, now I can use without a problem skype with My AOA110.

but I have a Sony Vaio I followed same procedure without success, weird stuff. :shock:

But once again this method worked for Aspire One. :D

hasfrochbuster, May 8, 2010
  4. jhs59

jhs59

irishhhhh's instructions worked perfectly. Thank you!

jhs59, May 10, 2010
  5. jhs59

Ibidem

Over here I prefer to avoid PulseAudio (had it, then purged it), so I tried a similar trick.
    Alsamixer will do well enough--run alsamixer, tab to the proper view, arrow over, press "C" until the right is muted.
    arecord -d 20 -t wav test.wav produces a very staticky recording. Turned down the left channel a little, it sounds better.

Ibidem, Jul 9, 2010
Ask a Question