Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.04 is ready...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jango, Mar 12, 2009.

1. jango

vulcanbomber

Just used update manager to upgrade my Netbook remix to 9.04
    All working fine
    I am using sickboy kernel sickboy 2.6.28-sickboy
    Is this the right one to be using or should I default back to the Ubuntu Kernel
    If so how do I install it?

vulcanbomber, May 1, 2009
  2. jango

margarett

Hi all.

Meanwhile I solved the problem. Wiped XP out of the disk :lol:
    I am running Ubuntu 9.04 remix. Faster (alot) than Windows, everything works pretty much out of the box so, who needs XP? :mrgreen:

The only issue I have is the suspend that damages the SD file system. But if I am careful to prevent it from suspend, no problems at all.

margarett, May 15, 2009
  3. jango

margarett

Can you please explain how do you do this?
    My Firefox seems to get slower after some time of use and I think it's because of cache written to SSD...

margarett, May 16, 2009
  4. jango

itres

I've noticed that a lot of the stuff that are discussed in these ubuntu threads are already described here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AspireOne.
    If that page is not clear enough for some people then may be we should mention it to the people who are maintaing it.
    A single page is better to find information than searching through the forum and most people are not patient enough (to do that) so quite often the same questions are asked.

Don't shoot that's just an opinion.
    Grtz,

itres, May 16, 2009
  5. jango

drfhm

Just so i understand and im not expecting the wrong action can anyone explain what the wifi light is and at what times it is suposed to work and light up when working correct , mine flashes it seems what im on the internet and up or downloading pages .Im sure that before i changed and instaled ubuntu remix 9.04 it was on all the time on the linux lite that came pre installed , but i cant remember if that was with a cable or wireless .Cant find any reference to it in the manual except where ot says move switch to change over to wireless .Meeds a better user manual .

drfhm, May 19, 2009
  6. jango

margarett

I also don't know what is the supposed behaviour of LED.

In my case it is blinking with WIFI activity. Other than that, it's off.

Before, with XP, I was able to disconnect from WIFI with the small button in front of the LED and now with UBUNTU it doesn't work, as WIFI is always on. But that's not very important other than the unnecessary battery draw.

margarett, May 19, 2009
  7. jango

mzc

Hi margarett,

i think the wifi switch still works. the indicator on the desktop should disconnect or switch to ehternet(if connected). wifi led function as traffic indicator in the current driver(kernel).

mzc, May 31, 2009
Ask a Question