Uh-oh! I need a full size screen

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Georgia, May 22, 2009.

1. Georgia

Georgia

Hi
    I bought the Acer Aspire One at Costco and let me say it's one AMAZING machine. That 1.6ghz processor is like the little engine that could! It runs my 3D design applications (Lightwave 3D, DAZ, Photoshop CS3) and more. Heck I can even log in and do Second Life!

But I do have a problem as one of my important programs require the standard 1024x768 resolution screen.

I was reading about a program when I was researching the Aspire on this website that allows the screen to be standard size with scroll bars. I've looked around and searched but couldn't locate it.

Does anyone recall what that resizing program is?

Thanks in advance

Georgia, May 22, 2009
  2. Georgia

Georgia

Never mind I found it.

I Right-clicked the screen and chose properties, clicked the Settings tab, Advanced button, Clicked the Monitor tab and unchecked the box for "Hide monitor settings".

Now I can Right-click the screen, go to properties and set the higher resolution.

It's a bit of a pain to work with the screen scroll but so far there's only one application that requires the larger screen area so I leave it on 600dpi except when using that.

Georgia, May 23, 2009
  3. Georgia

GeneB

Ya know, if you only need it for a special purpose at a fixed location, you can always try using an external monitor. For testing purposes, that might be the thing that would be most comfortable even if the scrolling screen works.

GeneB, May 26, 2009
  4. Georgia

docterry

The easiest solution that I've found is noda's A1CTL. It give you a little icon in your systray that permits quick switching between common screen resolutions and can also downscale the screen, to squeeze a 1024x768 image onto the 1024x600 screen. It also monitors CPU temp and gives you control over the fan, and some other useful bits.

http://nodadev.wordpress.com/pc-projects/a1ctl/

docterry, May 30, 2009
Ask a Question