[UK] 6600mAh - UM08A73 battery for AA1 - In Stock@superet...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by melhiore, Oct 3, 2008.

1. melhiore

tkblazer

wow that 9 cell battery is huge... i think i'll just wait it out for some 3rd party 6 cells to hit the market

tkblazer, Oct 10, 2008
  2. melhiore

organisys

OK, My battery has arrived. First impressions are:-

1) It's heavy.
    2) It's blue, but not quite the same blue as the AA1 case, (not a big difference though).
    3) Using the AA1 on your lap is if anything better, the extra weight and the bulk of the battery stop the AA1 sliding about.
    4) Battery life is massive.

Pics etc to follow.

organisys, Oct 13, 2008
  3. melhiore

rgarjr

Anywhere to get this beast of a battery in the US? How much?

rgarjr, Oct 14, 2008
  4. melhiore

levitron

Your best bet at the moment is probably eBay.com.

levitron, Oct 14, 2008
  5. melhiore

KB123

For those who have been wondering about how far you can move the screen back with the aftermarket 6600mAh battery, here are some pictures, showing that the impact is minimal:

[attachment=0:27sfgmhf]aa1batmaxextent02.jpg[/attachment:27sfgmhf]
    [attachment=1:27sfgmhf]aa1batmaxextent01.jpg[/attachment:27sfgmhf]

Haven't had a huge amount of time to test it yet but on my first attempt the machine was on for at least 6 hours, with wifi, but not with a large amount of activity, other than an hour or two messing around getting VirtualBox and XP installed (am running Linpus with 1Gb RAM, 120Gb HDD).

KB123, Oct 20, 2008
  6. melhiore

mluu921

i just ordered one guys, ill post pics and my first impression when it gets here. The 3-cell that came with my AAO just doesnt cut it.

mluu921, Oct 30, 2008
  7. melhiore

handy388

just ordered one as well and sold my 3 cell.

handy388, Nov 6, 2008
  8. melhiore

Ness

ordered it as well. Will post impressions as soon as I receive it !

Ness, Nov 7, 2008
  9. melhiore

kapinouwi

it's a cool battery!!!! :):):) more 8 hours with no wifi! arffffff

kapinouwi, Nov 7, 2008
  10. melhiore

gyges2006

Just received my 9 cell 6600 battery (blue) from Premium Batteries. I am very pleased with it, it really isn't that big, as the shape helps reduce the appearance that it is quite large. I am very pleased with purchasing this battery. It also doesn't make it that heavy really. Again the blue isn't exactly the same colour as my laptop but it doesn't look out of place.

gyges2006, Dec 4, 2008
  11. melhiore

linker3000

I took a different route to get extended battery life - I love the size of the AA1 and only make the occasional journey that warrants a larger battery, so I bought a U2O Universal External Laptop Notebook battery pack - it's about the size of a small paperback book and has a whopping capacity of 13200mAh.

I can hook this battery up to the AA1's DC port OR use it with my Acer Aspire 3500 laptop PLUS it has a 5V USB output for phones or other devices. The battery also has a voltage switch that can be set to 5V/12V/16V/19V and it comes with a range of DC power plugs of various sizes.

The battery just plugs into a power socket to recharge - it's BRILLIANT!

At £80, the battery is more expensive than a 6-cell AA1 unit, but it's worth a look if you're after something a but more versatile - you can get them on ebay and elsewhere.

linker3000, Dec 10, 2008
  12. melhiore

ralphygarfield

I just got my 9 cell. Ordered off ebay. I too, like others, got it from seller haobattery.9953.

The size of the battery is really not so bad or even noticeable. The battery IS heavy, but again it's not too problematic. Your Aspire One will still be a small and light netbook.

The battery seems to work as it should. I have downloaded the program "Notebook Battery Info" and it is telling me that the battery has a 0% wear level and a capacity of 73260mWh's. Does this info mean that it is legit? I am skeptical still as it came from China and almost everything I've ordered from there has something wrong with it. Please get back to me on this info.

I have not tested yet how long the battery lasts from full to empty. But I am a little disappointed.... at the advertised 7200mWh's, I was hoping for a lasting time of around 8-10 hours. I guess I was just asking for too much. But Windows and Notebook Battery Info are saying it should last for about 7 hours. Does this sound right? Also keep in mind that I have not tweaked Windows at all for anything to save power.... and the only way this AA1 works with my WiFi if if I have the WiFi powersaver turned off. So is this normal behavior for the battery? Again, I am on Windows XP.

Also, I must ask if anyone could tell me what settings I should tweak if I want to conserve more power?

ralphygarfield, Dec 10, 2008
  13. melhiore

Kastnerd

7 hours sounds about correct. Sounds like a good quality battery. I would fully discharge the battery once. At lest to 3% or so. There are many little tweaks that can be done. Turn off the fan, turn off wifi, defrag the hard drive. Disable the web cam.

Kastnerd, Dec 11, 2008
  14. melhiore

user101

user101, Dec 12, 2008
  15. melhiore

teh_qube

link??

teh_qube, Dec 26, 2008
  16. melhiore

dtong22

Just looked at the price of 9 cells at ebay with a seller of 100 rating selling it at US$66 shipping included. The Universal Pack you mentioned is sold for 3 times that. Guess the choice is obvious.
    I recall the last time I looked at the 9 cell one were US$99 plus shipping two months ago. I know UK price is higher but at least that gives you the ratio perspective

Daniel , Toronto

dtong22, Jan 1, 2009
  17. melhiore

Harani

Just received my 6600MAh battery ordered through Amazon UK from seller SuperGPS.

just charging it now for the first time. will liet you know it's life once it's got a full charge

intial impression is i am very dissapointed with the colour. I'm at a loss as why they are selling "Blue" batteries for the blue Acer when the official battery for the Blue acer is actuially black to match the base it slots into.

The blue of this battery is a slightly different shade and matt finish instaad of glossy so it doesn't match the machine very well at all.
    Would have been a lot better black. if i can find a suitable matt finish paint i may spray mine black cos it's kind of annoying me.

Harani, Jan 5, 2009
  18. melhiore

stepppy

I too bought the same battery from Amazon and find it odd why it simply wasn't left black.

I will be interested to know how you get on with spraying your.... if you do.

The life is fantastic and I have seen over 8 hours displayed on mine :D

stepppy, Jan 5, 2009
  19. melhiore

Harani

just finished charging and it's report 7:45 remaining with the backlight dimmed right down and 6:30 with the backlight on full brightness

Remains to see how that relates to actual performance during true usage and not just sitting idle.

Harani, Jan 5, 2009
  20. melhiore

vandebrug

vandebrug, Feb 10, 2009
Ask a Question