UNABLE TO CONNECT TO WIRELESS CONNECTION

Discussion in 'Linux' started by dagenham67, Aug 26, 2009.

1. dagenham67

dagenham67

I have restored Acer ONE to factory settings problem persists.I am unable to connect wirelessly to the internet.I can connect using an ethernet cable .I can find wireless connections but I am unable to connect despite putting in the correct network key.I have also tried connecting to wireless networks which are not security enabled get message disconnected from network.OS isLinpus Linux Lite any help would be greatly appreciated.

dagenham67, Aug 26, 2009
  2. dagenham67

dagenham67

Just a quick update have been onto Acer support they suggested I contct software team who in turn suggested everything I had tried before and charged me 50p a minute for the privilege needless to say no futher forward. :cry:

dagenham67, Aug 26, 2009
  3. dagenham67

joe44

Think it might need a repair :?

joe44, Aug 30, 2009
  4. dagenham67

dagenham67

seems to be problem with software tried factory reset still not working connection manager seems to be unable to retain password managed to connect to an unsecured wireless network.

dagenham67, Aug 31, 2009
  5. dagenham67

RockDoctor

Unclear if it's a hardware or software problem. Do you have the same problem if you boot from a Fedora 11 or Ubuntu 9.04 live USB key?

RockDoctor, Aug 31, 2009
Ask a Question