"Unable to contact the Xfce Wastebasket service" at startup

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Jimster, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Jimster

Jimster

Hi all,

Over the last few days I have been given the following error once my One has started up.

"Unable to contact the Xfce Wastebasket service - Make sure a file manager such as Thunar is installed"

I click on okay and everyhting runs normally; it's just quite annoying tobe given the error message every time.

As far as I know I haven't messed around with the system to a great extent - I'm just starting out with Linux so I'm playing it safe with most things (i.e. switched to the standard desktop, installed a few apps through Pirut and using advice on this forum for things like VLC. Just before it started I installed Totem-Xine and a few associated libraries, but nothing that I would have expected to affect xfce/thunar settings.

I did Google for the error but the nearest to an answer would be http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/xfce/2006-September/018936.html, quoted below.

However, I think this relates to an old version of Xubuntu and there's nothing in my /usr/local/etc... Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jimster, Oct 20, 2008
  2. Jimster

jape

jape, Nov 7, 2008
Ask a Question