Unable to download Live Updates

Discussion in 'Linux' started by BlueMonday74, Nov 21, 2008.

1. BlueMonday74

BlueMonday74

Hello

I've had my AAO for two days and I wish to switch the keyboard mapping from US to UK (e.g. I want to shift+2 to result in " and not @). I've been told on this forum that this can be done once Live Updates have been downloaded.

Unfortunately, I also can't download Live Updates. In spite of being connected to a wireless network, I am getting an Error message when I try to d/load the updates. The full message is:

'Error. Could not connect to the update server. Please check your network environment as follows. 1. Check if ther network cable is properly inserted. 2. Check your network status.'

Can anyone help? This is v frustrating!

Best wishes

BlueMonday74, Nov 21, 2008
  2. BlueMonday74

RockDoctor

Checking your network status - perhaps the easiest way is to see if your browser will load a random web page (say http://www.yahoo.com). If it doesn't load, you're not really online

RockDoctor, Nov 22, 2008
  3. BlueMonday74

captainoats

Yeah I get the same problem. Its strange as it gets half way through all the downloads and then I get the same message. I tried to download the updates via wireless and then wired connection but no difference. I have a connection to the web as I can browse, IM, etc. The only issues are the updates. Very strange.

captainoats, Nov 22, 2008
  4. BlueMonday74

hjongste

hjongste, Nov 22, 2008
Ask a Question