unable to mount flash cards

Discussion in 'Storage' started by qasimovic, Aug 24, 2009.

1. qasimovic

qasimovic

hi, i own a AAO 110 running linux and i am a newbie to linux. i have recently come across a problem with my extension card slots, both right and left. both were previously working properly but now whenever a SD card is inserted a dialoge box appears stating 'Failed to mount "SD/MMC Drive". cannot create mount directory'.
    the only difference when inserting memory stick duo is the name; 'failed to mount "1G volume". cannot create mount directory'.

i have to no avail tried reformatting all my flash cards, i hope somebody can help with a solution short of reinstalling the OS.

please bear in mind im a newbie, be nice :)

thank you in advance

qasimovic, Aug 24, 2009
  2. qasimovic

darklingone

I am not sure about the left hand card slot but I read somewhere that the right hand card slot will only recognize a card if it is in there before the One is booted up. I don't know if this applies to all Linux except Linpus lite but it is definitely the case for me with Ubuntu.

Don't know if this will help you though as Ubuntu does seem to recognize memory sticks and SD cards in USB card readers for me.
    J

darklingone, Aug 28, 2009
  3. qasimovic

qasimovic

hey thanks for the hint. unfortunately your suggestion was also unsuccessful, so i just rebooted the OS, working fine now.

qasimovic, Aug 30, 2009
Ask a Question