Unable to recover xp after partitioning

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by quarkz, Aug 31, 2009.

1. quarkz

quarkz

Hi,

I've used partition magic to create many extended partitions. The original pqservice is still there. Now, I tried to use partition magic again to merge all the partitions. Unfortunately, some errors occurred and some data were gone. Now, there's only the pqservice and the c: partition.

However, when I tried to restore the recovery by pressing alt + f10, I get some beep sounds and after a while, it's back to booting my xp.

I wonder why I can't use the recovery since I didn't touch it at all using partition magic. Is there anything I must or can do?

Thanks alot!

quarkz, Aug 31, 2009
  2. quarkz

jerryt

Most likely you changed your MBR.

If you have a backup image of the entire hard drive with MBR, then the easiest fix is to restore the MBR.

If not, download the files linked in this post; viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13696&p=86523&hilit=d2d#p86523 Then follow the instructions linked in the first post of that thread.

jerryt, Aug 31, 2009
Ask a Question