Unable to use external modem!!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by DigitalDirect, Nov 10, 2009.

1. DigitalDirect

DigitalDirect

This Acer Aspire 1410 2801 is absolutely wonderful. It's a great machine.

I'm only experiencing one problem, namely I can't (yet) use my Moto Q/Sprint phone as a dial-up modem. The phone is recognized by the Windows Mobile Device Center, as a Moto Q, and in Device Manager, under Network adapters, there is a Microsoft Windows Mobile Remote Adapter.

However, when setting up the Dial up connection, it fails, Modem removed, unavailable device.

Some of the Aspire 1410's ship with 3G modems internal to them, so this all makes sense. My unit does not have a modem. However, what needs to be done to connect it to an external dial-up modem, which in this case, is my Moto Q phone on Sprint.

DigitalDirect, Nov 10, 2009
  2. DigitalDirect

Eosblue

I just ordered a USB modem on eBay for around $10. I'm only getting it for faxing and on a different computer (my desktop). However, if I could get a free dialup, I might pack it along for emergency surfing where there is no broadband.

Eosblue, Nov 11, 2009
  3. DigitalDirect

DigitalDirect

How are you going to get it to work? When you try to set up the Dial-up Connection Properties, it says that "Modem Removed". This is with a MotoQ cell phone connected via USB, appearing in Device Manager, and with Windows Mobile Remote Adapter appearing in Device Manager.

DigitalDirect, Nov 11, 2009
Ask a Question