UnetBootin on AO?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Boomer_K, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Boomer_K

Boomer_K

I'm having a bit of trouble getting unetbootin to RUN on my AO. I wanna make a few boot sticks to try out a number of distros, and my Ubuntu laptop is 2,000 miles away.I'm a linux noob(I'm learning, so cut me some slack), so I'm unsure of how to get it to run. Anyone have any advice for me?

Boomer_K, Nov 15, 2008
  2. Boomer_K

feed_sparky

Yeah it works, you just have to mark it as executable and run it as root. You also need to install p7zip and mtools, which cam be installed through the package manager in linpus (just enable the right click 'hack' and select the package manager or software installer can't remember what it's called).

feed_sparky, Nov 15, 2008
  3. Boomer_K

scottro

I didn't run it on Linpus, but on Fedora, in order to avoid a couple of errors, you had to do the following. It says you need p7zip-full which isn't a Fedora package. Instead, p7zip-plugins will silence that error.

It will also complain about no vol_id. That's actually located in /lib/udev. Ubuntu symlinks (makes a soft link) to it in /usr/bin (or maybe /bin, I've forgotten where.)
    At any rate, in Fedora, running the following command will eliminate the error.

ln -s /lib/udev/vol_id /usr/bin/

Let me repeat, I didn't use it with Linpus, so both of these steps might be unnecessary, but as it's Fedora, rather than Ubuntu, based, you might have to do it.

scottro, Nov 15, 2008
Ask a Question