UNR 9.04 No taskbar at start up

Discussion in 'Linux' started by bluelloydpugh, Jul 12, 2009.

1. bluelloydpugh

bluelloydpugh

Hi there.
    I have installed UNR on my aspire one A110L 8gig last night and it seemed to work real well.
    I let it do all the updates and had a little look around.
    I decieded i wanted it to look "normal" with the taskbar at the top, instead of the big items all over the netbook desktop.
    Unfortunatly, when i've turned my netbook on today, it asks me to put in my user and password(as normal) and then nothing.
    Please check out the attachment to see what i get. If i right click on screen i can bring up that menu, but thats it.
    The taskbar doesn't appear and i can't seem to get it back.
    Does anyone have any ideas please? I am a linux begginer and havn't got a clue what to do.

bluelloydpugh, Jul 12, 2009
  2. bluelloydpugh

bluelloydpugh

Well, I have done a fresh install and it's sorted it for the moment.
    I am a bit concerned though, because more or less the same thing happened to me in Acers Linpus Linux.
    Instead of loading any icons,taskbar etc i just got a blank screen and could only move my mouse around.
    Strange.

bluelloydpugh, Jul 15, 2009
  3. bluelloydpugh

Guest Guest

I believe there is an update that fixs the desktop switcher so it will bring up the panels, atleast there was an update on the reguslar ubuntu 9.04.

Guest, Jul 17, 2009
  4. bluelloydpugh

Nazerel

Nazerel, Jul 19, 2009
  5. bluelloydpugh

bluelloydpugh

Urgh.
    Thought i would risk changing the desktop to normal again, and the same thing happened.
    Bit of a bloody nuisance.

Nazerel, I appreciate you finding that fix (which i really should have used before switching the desktop), but i think i'm just going to try a regular Ubuntu install. Thanks anyway.

bluelloydpugh, Aug 16, 2009
Ask a Question