UNR 9.04 - reinstalling fixed all my problems

Discussion in 'Linux' started by meepmeep, Jul 24, 2009.

1. meepmeep

meepmeep

Initially I had Fedora 10 on my AAO 110L, mainly because the Plymouth theme matched the blue case :D

However, I couldn't get it to run smoothly, so having heard good things about UNR on the AAO I gave it a go instead.

First time, I booted the live image, seemed ok, so installed a default install (accepted default ext3 partition). After booting, the wifi wouldn't work (could find networks but not connect) and the RH SD slot didn't seem to exist. Fiddled around a bit to try and fix, and messed things up in doing so.

So I reinstalled from scratch, but this time installing from USB direct (not going into live image), and using the previous partitions but changing ext3 to ext2. It's no faster than the first install, but now both the wifi and SD slots all function perfectly without any configuration.

I don't know if installing from USB direct rather than the live image made a difference, but just to suggest that if you have the usual problems, give it another shot.

meepmeep, Jul 24, 2009
Ask a Question