UNR from a USB key and wifi

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rowantree, Jun 15, 2009.

1. rowantree

rowantree

Hi,

I downloaded UNR and put it on a USB key. My Aspire One boots just fine running from the USB key but the wifi doesn't work.

Should it? Or is this being a bit naive :roll: and I'd have trash Linpus to fully install it first?

rowantree, Jun 15, 2009
  2. rowantree

DutchDK

Works fine here, both on a LiveUSB UNR, as well as installed on another USB key.
    The WiFi leds aren't enabled in the current version of the kernel included Ath5K driver, but should be enabled when the next Ubuntu kernel update arrives, since the LED patch for Ath5K has been migrated into the kernel tree.
    Check that the WiFi aren't disabled in the NetworkManager applet (rightclick on the applet icon (looks like a stepped bargraph, and check that Wireless network has been ticked, then left click on the icon, to see any WiiFi accesspoints in the vicinity), and make sure that the manual killswitch on the AAO hasn't disabled the WiFi.

If that still fails, check whether the Ath5K driver has been loaded - Open a terminal and enter without the quotes "lsmod | grep ath" - the resulting display should show that ath5K, mac80211, led_class, and cfg80211 has been loaded.

DutchDK, Jun 15, 2009
  3. rowantree

rowantree

Thanks, my wifi works fine with Linpus so I'll check all that with UNR...

rowantree, Jun 15, 2009
  4. rowantree

rowantree

Works...! Router has to be on before it boots and not after, so it doesn't detect it once its booted.

What's the stuff about choosing a password for a default keyring about...? If I cancel it I get on anyway... just curious.

rowantree, Jun 15, 2009
Ask a Question