[UNR] Sound Problems .

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Vapourstreak, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire One AOA-150 (8.9", 160GB HDD), and I just installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix on it. I went on YouTube, and found out sound didn't work. I changed the sound drivers and stuff in the sound options, and clicked test. Two of the OSS options worked when I pressed 'Test', but it wouldn't work on YouTube. Then I installed Exaile, and played some music, and found out sounds worked there, and worked on the login screen, but in every other program, sound didn't work. Is there any way to fix this? If I fix this issue, Ubuntu would be perfect for me, and that would be the end of my plans to buy Windows 7.

Thank you,
    Vapour. :)

Vapourstreak, Sep 27, 2009
  2. Vapourstreak

melhiore

Looks like it's something to do with audio codecs. I would install full set and try again.

melhiore, Sep 27, 2009
  3. Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

What do you mean? How would I go about to do that?

Thanks.

Vapourstreak, Sep 27, 2009
  4. Vapourstreak

melhiore

Try this. In Terminal/Console obviously:

Code:
    sudo wget [url]http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/jaunty.list[/url] -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list && wget -q [url]http://packages.medibuntu.org/medibuntu-key.gpg[/url] -O- | sudo apt-key add – && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install -y ubuntu-restricted-extras non-free-codecs w32codecs totem-mozilla libdvdcss2

melhiore, Sep 28, 2009
Ask a Question