UNR subforum?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by simbeb, Apr 30, 2009.

1. simbeb

simbeb

As UNR has now an official release and is entirely built for netbooks, the AA1 being one of the top most compatible. Could we not have an UNR subforum under Ubuntu?

Cheers

simbeb, Apr 30, 2009
  2. simbeb

csmo

Good idea. I second that. ;)

csmo, Apr 30, 2009
  3. simbeb

melhiore

Count me as well. I'm testing UNR last couple of days before installing on my AA1 and I'm really impressed... :)

melhiore, Apr 30, 2009
  4. simbeb

zaphod

I would happily go along with that idea too.

And my first question would be: are there significant differences between UNR and desktop Jaunty apart from the handful of packages for the NR interface ?

zaphod, Apr 30, 2009
  5. simbeb

Andysan

Yeah, i fourth this. :D

I don't believe that Netbook Remix contains any different packages (at least pre Jaunty) to the desktop release - wasnt there a mobile release for Intrepid that was designed for low power devices and no-one could get it to work?

Andysan, Apr 30, 2009
  6. simbeb

Sarvatt

Yeah I second not seeing much point, its as easy as doing a apt-get install ubuntu-netbook-remix, switching the theme to human-netbook and switching your panel to use window picker instead of window list in jaunty since it is using i386 instead of lpia now unlike the hardy one :lol:

Sarvatt, May 4, 2009
  7. simbeb

mindhack

There is not enough of a difference. UNR has a few extra packages, and a few missing ones. They both can be converted to the other without much hassle.

mindhack, May 4, 2009
  8. simbeb

spinnekopje

Not for me. I tried the UNR and switched back to the 'normal' Jaunty installing het netbook packages after a lot of problems with panels and other stuff. Most things are applicable for both versions I think. Only a few, like the problems I had are specific to one version. Although maximus doesn't work properly on either of them.

spinnekopje, May 4, 2009
Ask a Question