Update "amsn (180090)"

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by wscott, Feb 28, 2010.

1. wscott

wscott

I may have asked this before, so I both apologize and beg the indulgence of users far more experienced than I.

I think this particular update patch has screwed my AAO. The update get halfway and then just hangs doing nothing; I notice that there is now "a patch for the system configuration (180091)" available, but I can't get off the 180090 update. Since I've tried to download this 180090 update, my AAO doesn't work the same as before - I can't quite explain it. For starters, I can no longer access the add/remove program on the right-hand click, I get asked for my password and then doesn't open.

What is wrong with my AAO? To be honest, I love to reinstall the OS and start again, but I'm primarily a Mac user, so it's a tad tricky to create a bootable USB stick (not that I fully understand how to create one with a PC anyway - yes, I'm completely computer illiterate, I come from the Bill Gates school of "plug'n'play").

I know that there are other users here who have encountered this problem, so c'mon all you "Linux is the best thing since sliced bread" users - show us the way forward? How can this be resolved with clear no nonsense (ie do this, this and this ...) type instructions..

Thanks

wscott, Feb 28, 2010
Ask a Question