updating drivers?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by merr, Aug 9, 2009.

1. merr

merr

Hello,
    another total newbie here, have managed to unlock to advanced desktop and update firefox,flash +picasa so far - first day of real playing with it so trying not to break anything!!

i have seen on acers website that there are a number of driver updates available for the aoa 150 but i don't know where to look to see what versions i have at the moment, i can only find my bios version in settings (0.3301) am i being blind??

is it worth me trying to update as everything seems to be working ok so far, except the fact the battery seems to discharge pretty quickly when not in use.
    The model i got is a refurbished one so i was wandering if there is anything particular i should look out for or anything i should run to check everything out?

merr, Aug 9, 2009
  2. merr

RockDoctor

Unless there's a security update or some new whiz-bang feature you've just got to have, I recommend keeping what you've got. However, I don't practice what I preach; I fix it until it breaks.

RockDoctor, Aug 9, 2009
  3. merr

sterretje

There should be a sticker at the bottom of the machine that tells you the type.

sterretje, Aug 10, 2009
Ask a Question