Upgrade to Intrepid Ibex...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jango, Oct 24, 2008.

1. jango

jango

Hi

I have Hardy Ubuntu Remix working on mine AAO 8gb SSD and i am very happy :D
    Now i ask if its safe to upgrade to Intrepid Ibex??? or should i stay with Hardy?

jango, Oct 24, 2008
  2. jango

N6546R

It's really a philosophical question. You say you are happy with Remix on Hardy. What would make someone try Ibex when it might make them unhappy? I'm kidding a bit, because I'm one of those who just can't resist trying the latest bleeding-edge software. I've had four or five distributions on my AAO already...now sitting on Ibex with a custom kernel...and I'll probably have four or five more in the next few months. I just can't leave it alone. The only thing that restrains me is that I use the AAO for actual work, so I try not to break things too badly.

So, my advice...go for Ibex!

Perry
    www.kidpub.com

N6546R, Oct 25, 2008
  3. jango

RockDoctor

If you're happy, I wouldn't even think about upgrading until the actual release of Intrepid Ibex. Actually, I would, because like N6546R, I've got five different Linux distros/variations installed on my AAO. In fact, I did upgrade from Hardy (not the remix) to the development version of Intrepid, and am quite happy with it.

RockDoctor, Oct 25, 2008
  4. jango

scottro

Note that the very latest Intrepid updates have a bug with the ath5k driver, so that wireless won't work. (The workaround is to use the MadWifi drivers that work with Hardy).

One assumes that this will be fixed soon.

scottro, Oct 25, 2008
Ask a Question