Upgrading Firefox wtih Linpus

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jane, Apr 2, 2010.

1. jane

jane

I want to upgrade my firefox from 2.0.0.14 to a newer version, but Linpus will not install it. I have downloaded the patch but this has not helped. How do I upgrade? I am still new to Linux, so any help will be useful.

jane, Apr 2, 2010
  2. jane

Jimux

Macles has posted this excellent guide to doing this for the standard xfce stetup macles.blogspot.com/2008/07/installing-firefox-3-on-acer-aspire-one.html?commentPage=2 .
    I used it last week and found it to work for the standard xfce setup, but needed some change to the last few steps for the opened up full xfce desktop as I describe in this post viewtopic.php?f=39&t=18852.

Jimux, Apr 2, 2010
  3. jane

Salvador

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, the macles blog is no longer available.
    So, I still have the problem: how do I upgrade firefox on an Aspire One running Linpus ?

Thanks

Salvador, Oct 22, 2012
  4. jane

RockDoctor

Best bet is to replace Linpus with an up-to-date versipn of Linux. Linpus on the ZG5 models (AOA 110 and AOA150) was based on Fedora 8, and went EOL shortly after the ZG5 was released. Although I personally prefer Fedora, my recommendation to you (as a less-technical user) is to install Xubuntu 12.10 or Lubuntu 12.10. Since this will completely overwrite your Linpus installation, be sure to back up any important data in your home directory onto an SD card or usb flash drive first.

RockDoctor, Nov 20, 2012
Ask a Question