Upgrading HDD on Samsung RC520, cloning data and keeping recovery partitions.

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Bedders, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Bedders

Bedders

Good morning all.

For some time now our laptop has been running at HDD capacity of nearly 750gb.
    I've done loads of housekeeping but the requirements for more space keeps coming and is negatively affecting the performance of the overall system.

I don't want to have to carry around an external HDD.

Has anyone successfully upgraded the existing internal HDD to 1tb or even 2tb mechanical drive and cloned the old drive (including the Samsung recover partitions that come with the drive)?

If you have any questions about the system to help with the answer, don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks in advance.

Bedders, Jan 27, 2017
  2. Bedders

something back

Welcome to the laptop forums site

Use this program to clone copy your hard drive to the new hard drive.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

Most laptop/netbooks have enough space to add a larger hard drive, it's possible
    that your 750gb drive is a little larger than 500gb or under drives anyway.

You will need a external usb to drive cable to enable you to clone the drive.
    Purchase a cheap one.

Here's a link http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...+to+sata.TRS0&_nkw=usb+to+sata+cable&_sacat=0

Here's a full service manual, 23 seconds in shows how to replace the hard drive.

something back, Jan 27, 2017
Ask a Question