Urban terror with RAM upgrade?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by sevenape, Jan 5, 2009.

1. sevenape

sevenape

Hello,

I tried to run urban terror on my lovely little AAO the other day but the frame rate was really low, I was wondering, if I upgrade my ram to 1.5gig will this make a difference in performance or is it due to the graphics card? Gonna try upgrading anyway just so the system doesn't freeze when I'm doing stuff, but will it make much of a difference to gaming?

I'm not such a heavy gamer but the chance to do some online face shooting is always good to pass a few minutes :)

sevenape, Jan 5, 2009
  2. sevenape

sevenape

upgraded my ram and am now downloading U.T.

quake 3 seemed to work ok so I hope this will!

Not that anyone cares I'm sure, but Urban terror is a fantastic free online linux team based tactical shooter. It's really good.

sevenape, Jan 10, 2009
  3. sevenape

Hmongolian

UT ran at a decent speed for me. 800x600 with 1g of ram, and everything set to medium/low settings. It's very playable with a little hiccup here and there.

Hmongolian, Jan 22, 2009
  4. sevenape

sevenape

Sweet, kind of forgot about this, but now I have ubuntu NBR gonna give it another go!

Thanks for the reply.

sevenape, Jan 22, 2009
  5. sevenape

mulletboyjay

hey guys, I installed UrT after having upgraded my RAM as well.
    it works great until I get the error message: Load tga error
    I looked on the UrT website for a fix as it is to do with the screen settings etc and they recommended editing a hidden file. The trouble is that I don't even have this hidden file.

so i was wondering if you lot have had this trouble or know of a quick fix or could tell me which settings you had changed in order for it to run (i took off most of the 'extras' as such to reduce memory usage and increase framerate)
    and before you ask, yes I did check my settings and they seem ok for the screen etc and also tried to reinstall again but had the same errors

thanks in advance

mulletboyjay, Feb 27, 2009
Ask a Question