URL bar 'gone missing'

Discussion in 'Linux' started by choogle, Mar 20, 2009.

1. choogle

choogle

For some reason the URL bar where yiu type in web addresses has 'gone missing'. Any ideas how I can get it back?

I know that I can go into File menu and select Open Location, but I'd rather work with what I'm used to. I seem to be finding that there's a lot that this netbook 'just does' by itself without any particular prompting by me!

choogle, Mar 20, 2009
  2. choogle

solpuerto

Hi choogle

I suspect you have accidently closed the Navigation Toolbar. Right mouse click on the bar that includes File Edit View etc and tick Navigation Toolbar.

You said,
    I seem to be finding that there's a lot that this netbook 'just does' by itself without any particular prompting by me!
    Maybe you have the mind reading software installed?
    Hope you are enjoying the new experience though.

Best wishes.

solpuerto, Mar 20, 2009
  3. choogle

choogle

Thanks for that wee tip, did the trick nicely!

There's quite a lot of annoying things that happen, but they are counterbalanced by the positives. I just need to accept that I'll be learning as I go along. Only started posting to the forum yesterday, and already I've had helpful response from a few folk, which is great.

choogle, Mar 21, 2009
  4. choogle

solpuerto

Hi choogle

Glad you got it sorted.
    One VERY GOOD tip, use the following link and look in macles blog for one about creating a USB backup/restore.

http://macles.blogspot.com/

This allows you to restore your system to a last working backup and gave me the confidence to play about with Linux and the Aspire in general. It is very comforting to know you can easily recover when you mess up.
    His blog also contains a lot of useful tips and how to's

We are all learning.

solpuerto, Mar 21, 2009
  5. choogle

e-griff

if you mean the search bar in the top right of the home screen, this disappears (and reappears) if you place the cursor near the top of the right border and scroll - the bar reappears and disappears as you do so. No idea why or how to fix it ... :roll: but at least it gets it back - this puzzled me for ages until I found the solution by accident.

e-griff, Mar 26, 2009
Ask a Question