USA: Interest check? A150 w/64gb 1.8" SLC SSD + more

Discussion in 'For Sale / Wanted' started by aidanlinz, Mar 24, 2009.

1. aidanlinz

aidanlinz

I ended up with an A150 a bit ago in a trade that I've been tinkering with in my spare time. It's too small for my tastes (gives me carpel tunnel pains), but I'm running out of ideas that don't involve risk to the hardware. Right now it's got a Samsung 64gb, 1.8" micro-sata SLC SSD in it, an Atheros ar5008 802.11abgn wifi chip with a third antenna installed internally, and 1.5gb of ram. It's running ubuntu jaunty 9.04 with a 2.26.28.8 kernel at the moment. I've got a bluetooth chip I'm considering installing as well.

I've seen a few benchmarks here on in the ssd section, I didn't look too closely but it seems like 7-15mbs is the ballpark. HD Tune reports just over 80MB/s maximum read and just under 80MB/s maximum write speeds on this Samsung, for comparison.

It's the definition of a niche item, but I figure it's worth a shot. Asking $700/make me a reasonable offer.

aidanlinz, Mar 24, 2009
Ask a Question