USB Linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Kastnerd, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Kastnerd

Kastnerd

I have looked a few times but not found something that works.
    I have a AAO windows XP with 120hd.
    I dont want to dual boot, But for testing and playing around i would like a USB drive Linux install.

Dose anyone have one that is tweaked corectly for the AAO. or even using linpus on a USB drive.

Kastnerd, Nov 30, 2008
  2. Kastnerd

sailorbear2004

Hi I also have an xp, 120gig aao. I recently had the dead machine and used the bios reflash listed elsewhere in this forum. I had the bios failure when running linpus lite from a usb drive and when trying to get the wireless to work it rebooted and then was just dead. anyway, I have used puppy linux successfully. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 81&t=35424
    I signed up with humo, downloaded the file, created a disc with nero using the puppy iso. I then rebooted my(desktop win xp) machine with the puppy disc. I then used the installer to install puppy to a usb drive. I now can hit f12 when my aao boots up and I choose the usb drive and then I have a puppy linux computer. the wireless and sound works. puppy linux is awesome.
    Hope that helps some.

sailorbear2004, Nov 30, 2008
Ask a Question