usb pickles!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by remainz, Mar 19, 2009.

1. remainz

remainz

hello
    Im in usb hell please can you suggest any advice to soften the pain?

So firstly how do I format a usb drive in linpus lite? when its not properly mounting
    Secondly how do I delete files that it says I cannot delete?
    Thirdly how can I fix my usb and sd drives mounting incorrectly?

I set up the xfrce desktop and lost usb and sd drive access. I can only see them in advancesd mode which is ok for now.

But I also cannot see how to format any of the external drives. There is no option to do this in file system under right click or other menus.
    I have another problem of having a pc virus on the usb drives and need to delete certain files off of them or reformat them. But it wont let me delete the bad files and says "failed to remove" or in use sometimes. Disk management says "there are no file systems you are allowed to mount" .

thanks a lot
    remainz

remainz, Mar 19, 2009
  2. remainz

barrie

Hi,

Try this and post back.

1.Open a terminal and launch the xfce4-autostart-editor
    2.Add this command sudo thunar --daemon
    3.Reboot and test your USB.

There is a gap between thunar and the first -

barrie, Mar 19, 2009
  3. remainz

remainz

thanks barrie
    that has solved the usb drives loading up problem. Thanks a lot for your time.

As for my secind question al i had to do was right click and set the files to be read and write not just read. then delete them as normal.
    Some of my usb drives load as Easy Disk Music Player when they are just files and others dont. I still see no way to control what they are seen as and managing them. Disk managment still says fu.

remainz

remainz, Mar 20, 2009
Ask a Question