USB Recovery? Got multiple AA1's? READ THIS!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Pontificator, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Pontificator

Pontificator

I know this goes beyond common sense but here's something I discovered:

IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE LINUX AA1 AND THEY ARE OF DIFFERENT SERIES PLEAS READ THIS!

I have 2 Linux AA1's, a series 1 and a series 2 (the series 2 has the 1GB ram chip and the 16GB SSD).

Several weeks ago I decided I'd better make a USB recovery stick and grabbed a recovery DVD out of the series 1 netbook's box. Made a USB recovery disc, tossed it in a bag with a label, and forgot about it.

Due to issues with my Series 2 netbook (corrupted files after a Firefox upgrade) I decided to go ahead and do a complete recovery. The info on the discs are proprietary to the netbooks they were shipped with THEY ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE!

I tired to do a USB recovery four times before I took the other sealed DVD out of its packaging and compared the text on it with the text on the other recovery DVD. They're not the same.

Went a head and created another USB recovery stick (with a USB drive of a different mfr. and color from the first) and successfuly completed the USB recovery without a hitch.

Pontificator, Feb 7, 2009
Ask a Question