usb-recovery problem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Bbdogz, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Bbdogz

Bbdogz

Hello i hope some1 can help me with my linpus linux recovery problem,
    I cannot seem to create a usb-recovery using acers recovery disk on a windows computer , i do not have a optical disk drive , i have two (2gig)usb sticks that the recovery program recognizes and a portable (60gig)hard drive , the problem is that when the recovery process gets to 81% it fails saying ("error the program cannot continue") i have tried on all of my drives and it's the same , i cannot understand why i have formated them to fat32 , changed where they are plugged in , tried 3 different computers , phoned acer support and got sent a new recovery disk yesterdsay (that also fails at 81%) the strange thing is that a month ago i created the usb-recovery on one of my usb sticks but i deleted it thinking that i had the disk so i could just create another one :oops: , i cant use my aspire one at all as i have some how removed the xfdesktop and cant even get a terminal up any help would be realy appreciated [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bbdogz, Jan 31, 2009
  2. Bbdogz

Bbdogz

:!: nobody :?:

Bbdogz, Feb 1, 2009
  3. Bbdogz

cinijast

try taking your external hard drive apart and where the power and ide connectors are pull them out and pop me into a naked cd drive to effectively make a really slapdash external cd drive ,plug it into your aao and into a power socket, then put the recovery disk in and instead of creating a usb disk , just hit enter when the menu coems up a nd install as normal :0. if any more inctructions on "Creating" the external cd are needed pm me

cinijast, Feb 2, 2009
  4. Bbdogz

Trevski

I bought a cheap 2GB USB flashdrive from pc world and have managed to do create a USB Startup using the utility. Give that a go u could have a knackerd USB device

Trevski, Feb 11, 2009
  5. Bbdogz

sagebrush

MAKE A RECOVERY IMAGE ( .ISO )
    AND TRY

LIVEUSB

sagebrush, Feb 16, 2009
Ask a Question