USB Recovery Stick

Discussion in 'Linux' started by GolfBravoKilo, Mar 9, 2009.

1. GolfBravoKilo

GolfBravoKilo

Hi - I am the proud owner of a new AA1 and have a simple question. Can I create a bootable recovery USB stick from the Recovery DVD supplied with the AA1, on my PC which is running Windows XP ? If so, how ? The instruction leaflet simply refers to doing this on a separate PC with an optical drive without mentioning the OS ! I do not want to cause any problems on the Windows PC !

There is a lot of chat on the forum about downloading files from various sources in order to create a bootable USB Drive, which seems very complicated to a newbie to Linux. HELP !

GolfBravoKilo, Mar 9, 2009
  2. GolfBravoKilo

ronime

The Linpus Recovery DVD is a kind of "Live DVD". Boot/restart your Windows PC with the Linpus Recovery DVD and then choose the option to create the USB stick.

NOTE! You must have the USB stick inserted before you boot the Windows PC otherwise it won't be recognised by the recovery process, so use your BIOS boot options menu to ensure that you boot from the DVD.

You will need a USB stick with 2GB capacity and the existing contents of the USB stick will be overwritten.

ronime, Mar 9, 2009
  3. GolfBravoKilo

barrie

@ GolfBravoKilo,

You can also create a USB recovery stick 4Gb that will restore your system to how you have set it up now with any applications you have loaded on. :) Instead of the afore said method via the Acer disk which will take it back to new out of the box.

Here is your link.
    http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/12/acer ... ackup.html

barrie, Mar 9, 2009
Ask a Question