Used to get 2 hours of battery life now I'm only getting one

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Prombar, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Prombar

Prombar

I know that batteries do deteriorate and eventually your battery life gets worse and worse over a course of years, but I've only had my laptop for 3 months and now I'm seeing a significant decrease in my battery life.

It all started when I installed ubuntu on it, which failed to work because the drivers weren't right, so I assumed that the battery was being consumed because the CPU was running fast as a result of not having the right drivers.

But when I switched back to Windows (Which I used to use with up to 2 hours and 30 min of battery life) the battery still only last an hour!

Is there a way to fix this?

Prombar, Dec 2, 2009
  2. Prombar

terence

This may be a generic problem rather than just your own. My A110 is barely six months old, and has only had a couple of dozen battery cycles in that time, but my (three-cell) battery is also down to just over an hour now (using first XP, and now Tiny7). So it seems they simply don't last. I'm contemplating having mine independently repacked, also to take advantage of the empty space in the three-cell container.

terence, Dec 15, 2009
Ask a Question