user password corrupted

Discussion in 'Linux' started by pauloates, Dec 31, 2009.

1. pauloates

pauloates

while trying to solve a problem I decided to try Live-Update. This hung. In the course of trying it again I must have clicked on the change password icon - I thought I just closed this down but my mind was on other things. The bottom line is that the system no longer accepts the password I chose on installation (is this the user password or root password?). Is it possible to change the password which I don't know to a new one? If it means a system install I may as well forget about Linpus and install a mainstream distro.

Thanks for nay help.
    Paul Oates

pauloates, Dec 31, 2009
  2. pauloates

pauloates

Having slept on it I decided that I had had enough of Linpus's quirky ways and I have installed Linux Mint 8 which at least I am familiar with. My Acer One has 1G RAM and an 80G hard drive so this is no problem, plus I do not go in for rapid action games. I am sure that Linpus is ideal for folk who are happy with the installed software and are not prone to fiddling with their machines.

The netbook itself is superb for the purposes I bought it for.

Paul Oates

pauloates, Jan 1, 2010
Ask a Question