using a1ctl in windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows' started by azz2811, Mar 25, 2009.

1. azz2811

azz2811

i am trying to use a1ctl in windows 7 becuase i have a program that can only be run on the bigger screen. in windows xp the options you have in a1ctl is the fan the screen and the devices but in windows 7 i only get the fan and the devices i can not change the screen. is there another program i can use to change the screen size? or is there a way i can do it with in a1ctl

thanks

azz2811, Mar 25, 2009
  2. azz2811

Husky

I have the same problem, is there any solotion too this problem, Program, or trix too set the resoltion higer in windows 7 ???
    HELP!

Husky, Apr 13, 2009
  3. azz2811

Paisley Pirate

I know this is an old thread, but I just loaded Win7 onto my AAO, and am having the same issues.

I keep having the mscomctl.ocx missing or invalid error with it.

I followed the link on the A1CTL site, and ran it, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

I used this program extensively in XP, and am just curious if anyone has this program working on 7? If so, were there any tricks to getting it to go?

Paisley Pirate, Feb 6, 2010
  4. azz2811

stepppy

I have just upgraded from XP Pro to 7 and I have a1ctl working very well.

All I had to do to get it working was disable UAC and then it works fine, loads at startup too. I had to increase my temp setting by 5 degrees, otherwise the fan was running all the time. It still comes on much more than it did under XP though :(

I am probably going back to XP though as my A150 runs hotter, battery life isn't as good and I am getting random BSOD's.

Good luck with a1ctl :)

stepppy, Feb 10, 2010
  5. azz2811

wanderlust

Hi, I'm trying to install a1ctl for the first time on my A150 but when I click on the Windows Startup API icon, I get a quick flash of a black square and that's it. I'm installing 1.0 and my BIOS is one of the most recent (had to flash my BIOS late last year).

Any suggestions??

wanderlust, Feb 15, 2010
  6. azz2811

wanderlust

I found this and it walked me through and a1ctl is working well, so far!
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/318205/a ... 5&page=148

wanderlust, Feb 16, 2010
Ask a Question