Using AA1/Linspire and E160G roaming

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lordofthemoon, Dec 17, 2008.

1. lordofthemoon

lordofthemoon

Hi,
    I've recently bought an AA1 110L and an E160G 3G dongle from Three.co.uk which I've got working together thanks to help from this forum. I'm going to be spending most the holiday period in a corner of Northern Ireland where three.co.uk doesn't have a 3G signal, but three.ie does. Will my dongle/Mobile Partner Just Work with the Irish signal (bearing in mind that there may also be a 2G/EDGE signal from three.co.uk) or do I have to set up a new profile in Mobile Partner? If so, does anyone know what settings I need?

Thanks,
    Raj.

lordofthemoon, Dec 17, 2008
  2. lordofthemoon

CHDesign

Hi,

I went to Austria earlier in the year where 3 has a network, www.three.at. I topped up my PAYG E220 dongle before I went and was able to access mobile broadband while I was there for no extra cost, or changing login names or passwords. The same should work for the 3 network in Eire. If in doubt see "3 like home" on the UK or Eire website. Needless to say, if you roam to another network in Eire it could cost you loads more.

Good luck and have a good time, but top up before you go...

Chris.

CHDesign, Dec 17, 2008
  3. lordofthemoon

lordofthemoon

Thanks for this (and sorry for the late reply). Hopefully it will Just Work for me too, I'm just worried that it might confused when there's a GSM/EDGE signal from the UK side as well and it might need some prodding to persuade it to use the 3G signal instead.

Also, I've just realised that I had 'Linspire' in the subject, rather than Linpus. <embarrassed />

lordofthemoon, Dec 22, 2008
Ask a Question