Using Flip Camcorder with AA1

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by chazzmor, Oct 29, 2008.

1. chazzmor

chazzmor

Will the Flip Ultra Camcorder work with the AA1? I connected it to my Aspire One and it recognized the camcorder in File Manager, but when I clicked on the flip video for pc.exe file nothing happened. In Windows on my desktop PC, I just have to go to My Computer, click on the Flip Video for PC and the program runs. Trying to find the video in Master Media Player doesn't work either. I'm assuming that's because the Flip software program which is built into the camcorder hasn't been run.

chazzmor, Oct 29, 2008
  2. chazzmor

d5wstat

Greetings,
    You should be able to go to the DCIM folder and copy the video files from there. I have a Flip Video as well and I can get the videos off easily. My problem now is getting the right codecs to see the video (audio is fine) in MPlayer. On VLC I get video but no audio (too funny).
    Hope this helps,
    D5wstat

d5wstat, Dec 3, 2008
  3. chazzmor

WoodHawk

It could be the codecs you have installed. I could not get my Flip videos to play correctly on a Vista machine, but after installing the ffdshow tryout codec pack it worked just fine. You can get ffdshow codecs from - http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/

WoodHawk, Dec 3, 2008
Ask a Question